We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

I am a 100+ country business traveler who had this misfortune of buying a ' business class' ticket on Cheapoair.com /Asiana airlines

I went online to check in for my flight and found

- coach seats for first leg

- no eticket for 2nd leg

I am now passing 2 hours online with cheapoair / Delhi customer service rep - who admitted this was their error but cannot seem to resolve it

Calls to Asiana get the same answer

So - has anyone else had problems with Cheapoair.com ?

I sure will not use them again!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

>>>So - has anyone else had problems with Cheapoair.com ?<<<

How much time do you have?

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7559…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7318…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i12084-k7396…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7547…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7536…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6465…

They were from the first three pages of results (ordered by date), much more when ordered by relevance.

>>>I sure will not use them again!!<<<

Why did you use them this time? Lured by the siren call of the word "cheap"?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

"So - has anyone else had problems with Cheapoair.com ?"

See that box at the top of the forum called "Air Travel Forum - Search"? Type CheapoAir in there and you'll see weeks worth of reading material about how bad Cheapo is.

Pity, like hundreds of others, that you didn't do that or any research **before** you handed over thousands to them. Especially for a business class ticket.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
39,576 posts
1,137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Out of abject curiosity, how could a frequent flier fall for something like CheapoAir?

I do not wish to be rude, but just find this odd.

Good luck,

Hunt

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,999 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Was this trip for business? If it was I'd assume you'll miss out on your annual bonus this year for booking a business related flight with these without any research.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Agree with Bill. I do not know how somebody who claims having visited 100+ countries (that is more than every second country in the world!) could make such a basic mistake when booking a ticket.

6. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 09:35
Edited: 22 June 2014, 09:35
7. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 10:06
8. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 10:35
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,355 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

What is going on with the flood of threads the last 2 weeks reporting dubious 3rd party dodgy companies.that have been reported many times in the past ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,438 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Why are people that make such rookie mistakes as jumping in with the shoddiest 3rd party booking sites always prefacing their complaint with a comment about what experienced travellers they are?

Edited: 22 June 2014, 11:03