We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

I am a 100+ country business traveler who had this misfortune of buying a ' business class' ticket on Cheapoair.com /Asiana airlines

I went online to check in for my flight and found

- coach seats for first leg

- no eticket for 2nd leg

I am now passing 2 hours online with cheapoair / Delhi customer service rep - who admitted this was their error but cannot seem to resolve it

Calls to Asiana get the same answer

So - has anyone else had problems with Cheapoair.com ?

I sure will not use them again!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

Hi

It could be that these people have had lots of trips but which were booked by others, parents or colleagues or high street travel agents. They have no real experience as such because obviously if they had then they wouldn't be caught out.

Also the word cheap does seem to turn people's brain to mush.

Jackie

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

jaynewcastle11,i guess it's high season. :)

Grigoris

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

I agree with lex, if someone has travelled to over 100 countries, and that's one hell of a lot, it's over 50 percent of the countries in the world, then irrelevant of who booked the ticket, simple experience would tell you to book with the airline, because during those travels you are going to encounter, flight schedule changes, delays, cancellations, the whole shebang. You'd know. Without out one shadow of a doubt, that you should book with the airline, because irrelevant of who usually booked for you, when something goes wrong it's you that's on the ground dealing with it and you learn from that experience.

Even if you decided to use a reputable agency, for someone so well travelled to use a company called cheapo air, without even researching them, is really very surprising to me.

14. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 07:35
15. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 07:35
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
46,078 posts
1,480 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

<<What is going on with the flood of threads the last 2 weeks reporting dubious 3rd party dodgy companies.that have been reported many times in the past ?>>

[Speculation Mode/ON]

Could be that some new TA subscribers just found out the pitfalls of booking with some (most? all?) 3rd party agencies, and added onto existing threads, or started new ones, without doing a Search?

Could be that some of those, with previously posted bad experiences dropped back by an older thread?

Could be that someone wants to make a certain 3rd party agency sound better, than portrayed in the thread(s)?

Could be the phases of the Moon?

[Speculation Mode/OFF]

Hunt

17. Re: Cheapoair.com - major hassles and ripofff

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 06:16