We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravo fly- avoid it!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bravo fly- avoid it!

I recently booked a flight with Bravo Fly. I received an email confirming my booking request and nothing I'm the following 7 days. When I called the customer service team a few days before my journey (at 11pm on Saturday, forget about talking to anyone during the day-they'll disconnect you), I was told my booking had been cancelled! No call, no email to let me know about it! I was very lucky I checked it before travelling! What's even more annoying, as soon as you dial their number, they pester you with a customer service survey a few times a day...as if they provided you with any service. Absolutely ridiculous and travel-dangerous! Definitely the one to avoid!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

Yep, and the TA forum is full of Bravo stories. Just type in "Bravo" and then click search. No need to open yet another one.

Chiasso, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

Dear ww55555,

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your booking with us and any subsequent inconvenience caused to your trip.

Once we have received your booking request we do normally email the confirmation immediately or within 24 hours depending on whether there are special assistance requests to confirm or technical problems with the airline.

Please could you reply to our private message with your 9-digit Bravofly ID so that we can check exactly what happened.

All the best, Sofia

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

>>>Once we have received your booking request we do normally email the confirmation immediately or within 24 hours depending on whether there are special assistance requests to confirm or technical problems with the airline.<<<

What 'Sofia' actually means is that after receiving your request, Bravofly will, at some point, make an effort to try and book your flight at the advertised price. However, since their pricing isn't live, they have to do this the same way as you and I do it, by going to the airline website and booking a flight on your behalf.

In the unlikely event that a flight is available at that fare, they will book it for you and then send an email confirmation. If not, they will tell you that it's no longer available but tell you if you pay x amount extra, you can still fly. Of course, by the time you tell them go ahead, the flight may well increase in price again.

The technical problems with the airline, while cleverly designed to infer that its nothing to do with Bravofly, is actually their lack of live pricing connections with the airlines.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

What Roj said,,+1.

Why was it cancelled - did you not agree to the real price ( as opposed to the kid on one to get you to book) or did you card decline or something? Did you actually pay for it?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

A travel agent using the internet to book flights? Highly doubtful. They use a GDS.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

A travel agent using the internet to book flights? Highly doubtful. They use a GDS.

-------

Not with Ryanair they won't. Screen scraping.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,094 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

What's GDS?

Jackie

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

Google is your friend;-)

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Distribution_Syst…

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

>>>A travel agent using the internet to book flights? Highly doubtful. They use a GDS.<<<

Are you saying that Bravofly is a travel agent?! :o)

10. Re: Bravo fly- avoid it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 01:35