We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

2 posts
Save Topic
changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

we will be arriving via United into Rome FCO

we then need to change to a Vueling flight

I have been told we will need to puck up our luggage on arrival and recheck it in since United and Vueling do not have an interline baggage agreement

Is this correct. Any advice on making connecting between United and Vueling in FCO would be helpful

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

I think you are correct. I don't think Vueling has an interlink agreement with United.

I assume that you are not travelling on a through ticket. I hope you have left plenty of time as Rome FCO is not the speediest airport to use. I think you would need three hours at least.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

It sounds to me like you have booked separate tickets. Is this the case?

If so, then read this - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g41707-c207311/Newton…

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

Thanks - yes we are on separate tickets and do not have much choice - we have a 6 hour window at th airport so fingers crossed

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
35,154 posts
876 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

A 6 hr. connection should be fine, even at FCO.

Depending on the time of arrival at FCO, and day of the week, it might take a bit to get through both IT Immigration and then Customs, but all you need to do is transit to the correct terminal, re-check the bags on Vueling, and go through security to your gate.

Wise move allowing time for the connection.

Hunt

5. Re: changing from United to Vueling in Rome FCO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:16