We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garuda Flights to UK?

Perth
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Garuda Flights to UK?

I'm looking at Garuda's flight from Australia to London and wonder if anyone that's done the trip can give me any feedback?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garuda Flights to UK?

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/garuda.htm

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garuda Flights to UK?

I don't believe that this service starts until September

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garuda Flights to UK?

Same! Im just wondering if any of you have flown with Garuda yet, from Perth to London? We are flying in June from Perth via Jakarta and heard from a friend that we might have to pay tax in Jakarta even though we only have a 2 hour stopover there! Would have thought it is included in the flight cost. Is this correct? And when you checkin at Perth do they check you in for the London flight from Jakarta as well or do you need to check in at Jakarta?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garuda Flights to UK?

Note that Garuda's Gatwick service is a one stop via Amsterdam.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garuda Flights to UK?

Indonesia has a departure tax which you pay at check in, but if you're in transit, no need to pay.

I haven't flown thus route but was impressed with Garuda when I flew them to and from Jakarta recently. Genuinely friendly crew, good leg room and good catering. Entertainment not as good as, say, Emirates, but enough to keep you occupied.

6. Re: Garuda Flights to UK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2016, 07:17