We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ecigs

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
ecigs

Can they b carried in hand luggage b great have sneaky puff on plane!!!!!!

1. Re: ecigs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 02:24
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ecigs

Yeah rite

inverness
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ecigs

Saw a woman puffing on one the last time I flew to Benidorm. Did not say anything as I was unclear of the legal situation as regards these in airlines.

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ecigs

Some airlines do allow the use of them.

Ryanair i know do sell and allow them to be used on board the AC

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
502 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ecigs

Flybe require them to be placed in hold luggage.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ecigs

No Julie, you can't have a sneaky puff on the plane, but then you know that, don't you?

If you're flying Ryanair you can buy the one they sell onboard, and use that. Other than that you'll have to survive without your crutch for a couple of hours.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ecigs

Most e-cigs use a cartridge containing liquid in order to provide the vapour. This would have to be put in the liquids bag if you were carrying one in hand baggage, otherwise there is a very hight likelihood of it being confiscated by security before you even get on board.

Lots of airlines don't allow e-cigs to be used on board because from a distance it looks as if ordinary cigarettes are being used, so the cabin crew keep having to investigate and other passengers keep complaining.

It's also fair to say that some of the liquids used smell unpleasant to fellow passengers even though the "smoker" themselves may not notice, resulting in complaints to cabin crew.

After a recent Ryanair flight I now know that what they sell and allow on board are not e-cigs - there's no liquid, no battery, no lights and no vapour to inhale. They call them smokeless cigarettes, and they are a different product.

Oh, and cabin crew members have told me that the smoke detectors in the toilets are set off by the vapour from the e-cigs just as if they were real cigarettes.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 12:21
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,409 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ecigs

Oh Andy, you should have kept secret that julie would set off the smoke detector. Coming onto the forum and asking for help in breaking rules.--I would have loved to see her fined for a, "sneaky puff" ---and YEAH, I have big problems with those who feel rules are for other people.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ecigs

As her OP is advocating breaking the law it should be removed anyway.

Deb

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ecigs

lol, you can as much have a sneaky puff on the plane as you can light up a real cigarette and have a sneaky puff of that on board.

As long as it's under the 100ml liquids, you can take them in hand luggage, just as you can real cigarettes. Don't mean you can puff away on board though, fines for smoking on board are up to 5000usd and you can be arrested and detained on landing. I wouldn't be messing about if I was you.