We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
276 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

n perusing some of the other threads on this forum, it is obvious, as least to me and my pointy little head, that we need a place to rant, rave and express our satisfation and/or dissatisfaction with the airline industry without the admonishment of the thread author (that's me). You can say whatever it is you wish to say here. All comments are welcomed. If you are easily offended, don't post.

Have fun ya'll!

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
276 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

I'll start:

I think for the price of an airline ticket, we should, at the very least, be resonably assured of a place to store our belongings. I hate waiting my turn, play by the rules of engagement, only to have to hunt for a place to put my one, regulation sized carryon.

There, I feel better already.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

You have started me off about carry on luggage now!!

There are regulations about the size of carry on luggage (even before the latest terrorist scares) and there are notices in airports which state carry ons should be no bigger than the size recommended, but do people take notice?

They board planes pulling their trolley cases behind them and then go red in the face with the exertion of trying to push it into an overhead locker space, for which it is clearly too large. Why aren't these people stopped at check-in. Do they have a special privelege, if so why are they sat near me when I don't.

If they cannot be stopped at check-in why can't they be stopped when they board. There are usually 6 or 7 airport staff and cabin crew on duty at the entrance to the plane. Cannot they insist that this baggage be put in the hold as it is too large for the cabin.

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
276 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

Yeah Angela!!! Feels good to get it off your chest, huh!

Somebody else...c'mon don't be skeered!

homeandaway
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

Hi,

I hate it when they run out of food - They know how many people are booked onto the flight so how do they run out?

Lost count of the times they've very apoligetically explained that they've no meals left by the time they get to me and offer me a bread roll and a bar of chocolate they've dug up from somewhere (probably leftovers from someone elses meal -lol)

I'm taking my own food this time - unless they ban that too!

I like it when I ask for a drink and get it!

I love it when some airlines pump nice smelly stuff through the a/c at various times during the flight - refreshing at the end, calming smells at the beginning etc - nice :0)

andi x

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

I so hate it when waiting at the gate,and the flight is called..well it's like a rugby scrum..anybody would think the plane's gonna go without them...grrrh...oh and one of the reasons,it takes ages to board,is as mentioned above,that folk take so long stuffing the too large bag in the overhead locker,everybody's held up boarding..ha rant over !

bridgeport, ct
Level Contributor
475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

I hate how everyone takes a million years to get out of the plane once we are finally in a gate. Its as though people are surprised by the fact that it is now their turn to get their belongings and get off of the plane.

I know some people dont move as quickly as others and maybe dont travel as often as others but its not that complicated, just grab your stuff and get out of the door so I can get out!

Maybe its because they have wedged their oversized carryons so tight that it takes them a long time to get them out?

I try to sit as close to the front as I can but sometimes you get stuck at the back and it takes 90 minutes to get off of the plane!

AAAHHH! I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it.

OH, one more thing! PLEASE dont take off your shoes and then put your foot on my arm rest so that I have to touch it or worse smell it (just happened to me on my last flight). Just because it feels good to you doesnt mean it isnt totally rude! Keep your feet to yourself!

bridgeport, ct
Level Contributor
475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

Sorry, I know my rant isnt about he airlines perse but I got on a roll and couldnt stop!

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
276 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

There are "no sorries" here...this is what this thread is about.

Rave on!

homeandaway
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

Hi,

It takes so long to get off the planes because people leave getting all their stuff together until after they have landed!

You know how long the flight is roughly so why not start packing your kids games, crayons, books, sweets, grannies reading glasses - whatever - make sure your stuff is ready to go quater of an hour or so before the seat belt light comes on then all you've got to do is get off the plane not stand in the aisles blocking everyone behind you while you pack up!

At least when they let you off both ends of the plane you've got half a chance -lol

andi x

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airlines: The Good, Bad and Ugly. Get it off your chest!

Can we complain about fellow passengers here?!