We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch holidays api submitting

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
monarch holidays api submitting

Hi .... does anyone out there know of or has had any problems with Monarch Holidays and their home page for submitting API .... ive never complained or had any problems with them in the past but this year after booking our holidays with them I cant seem to get a straight answer out of them about our API , no one seems to know how to do it , the link on the website doesn't work and ive been told not to worry just do it on the day you fly !! plus on one occasion I was told I didn't have to submit it !! can anyone out there shed any light on this for me .... thanks in advance .

David Roberts

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,564 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

If it doesn't work online they will just take the information when you check in at the airport.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

Thanks for the reply .... ive been told that but im a bit sceptical , imagine getting to the check in desk and they refuse you !! ive never heard of any airline doing that before .

David .

South of England
Level Contributor
954 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

If you are flying with Monarch Airlines on this Monarch Holiday, have you tried adding your API via the airline site?

If not successful as sun magic says, they will take at the airport check-in.

It won't be a problem so don't fret.

uk
Level Contributor
340 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

Had similar problem with api and also making a payment. I was told by Monarch that unless you wanted to pre book a seat all you had to do was produce your ref no and passports at the check in.

As regards paying my final balance, no facility to pay this on line, even though I was able to make booking online, had to contact call centre and wait 20 mins in queue to pay. Is it any wonder that recent reports in the press stating that Monarch were having problems, about time they moved into the 21st century.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,661 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

They will definitely take your API at the airport. It just saves the check-in clerks a lot of time if people do it online.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,796 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

API for Monarch Holidays can be submitted at

https://www.monarch.co.uk/apis1

When people haven't submitted API prior to check in it just means that the whole check in queue in takes longer.

Stockton-on-Tees...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

LeylandSunaddict - that is the right link theoretically but it just doesn't work. I've been trying off and on for about 5 months and each timeI get a message saying 'temporary error - please try later'

Am no doubt instead going to have to spend an hour paying their premium phone line charges like I did when I first booked and they messed up the invoice details only allocating 13 nights accomodation for a 14 night holiday.Its not looking promising!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

My advice is take a print screen of error and any details of the person you spoke to

Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

I have also been trying for months, originally link would not work but now it does but it will not let me add nationality details. Just tried again and it took them but got an error when submitting- Crap!

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monarch holidays api submitting

Just got off the phone after a frustrating 4 phone calls....Apparently the IT section has done a fix.....open the confirmation invoice that you have paid....scoll down to important information...hold mouse over the www.monarch.co.uk/apis1 and a hand should appear, click and it will forward to web site....Well it didn't work for me, the call centre said it was working at her end and I must have a problem....try emptying the history,,,,to no avail...then told Oh just check in at the airport...even though it has jus been announced that more stringent checks are being made...Monach...NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!...Call centre apparently can open the screen but won't take the details.....The best bit is that monarch already have my api details from 3 flights I have booked direct with monarch as apposed to Monarch holidays....Monarch also won't tell me whether my flight hase been changed from a zb monarch scheduled flight to a small planet charter, also whether food will be available even though I have booked meals both ways....Last year flight was brought forward from a Friday to a Tuesday....meaning I had to change to Gatwick from Birmingham to keep original dates...that was a small planet without catering....Well you may ask yourself why inflict this pain on myself again....the hotel in Skiathos deals exclusively with Cosmos/Monarch....perhaps next year a change is in order.