We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet Online Check In

Rothwell, null...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
EasyJet Online Check In

When you enter Advanced Passenger Information online, is there any sort of verification process on behalf of the airline that takes place before the day of the flight?

I'm worried if there isn't any verification at all until you get to board the aircraft. We're going in a group of 6 and two of the people coming don't live at my address so they simply text me their details. I'm pretty sure all the details I entered in using the passports I actually had are corrected because I literally checked I'd done them correctly about 10 times.

The ones that are worrying me are the ones that were text to me because I couldn't be sure if they sent an incorrect number. Problem is, I'll most likely get the blame if the details are wrong!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

No, there's no verification process. Just tell your friends to enter their own passport details on easyJet's website.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

Whose fault is it if they send you an incorrect number?

Excessive worrying post of the week.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

Tell them to do it themselves,,,give them the pnr number, anyway, it's fine, it's checked at the airport, you won't even know it's happening probably, don't worry,/-))

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

No, there's no verification process

=========================

Actually, I'm surprised at that, I thought that was the point of the "Advance" bit. I assumed there was a daily, or perhaps weekly, check of APIs from all airlines against passport etc. records. So that if you entered a detail incorrectly, the airline could get back to you and ask you to correct it.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

No, the only point of APIS is to tell the country you're travelling to that you're coming so they have time to prepare a reception committee, or tell the airline not to let you board.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

"So that if you entered a detail incorrectly, the airline could get back to you and ask you to correct it."

How would the airline know you entered it incorrectly?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

How would the airline know you entered it incorrectly?

=====

They would check against the database of stolen and fraudulent passports, (and possibly one that tell you if its valid). Big point of contention on MH370 when it turned out there were several people travelling on known stolen passports, some years old, and whilst there is a system that can be queried to check those, the airlines wont spend the money to do so.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

To add to joe's reply, I assumed that the API entries were sent to, or collected online by, a body such as the UK Border Agency. They would check against the Passport Office records, and notify the airline if there were a problem. Is this not the case? Waiting until checkin would be a bit late, I'd have thought.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

Maybe they do but I wouldn't have thought so. Checking for stolen passports I can sort of see but I'd be surprised if airlines were checking that passengers had not mistyped a passport number. I've certainly never heard of anyone being notified b the airline that they did.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 19:47
Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EasyJet Online Check In

I'd be surprised if airlines were checking that passengers had not mistyped a passport number

===========================================

Not checking for that as such, but finding that the passport number given didn't exist. A little late finding that out at the airport, I'd have thought. Come to think of it, if they wait till the passenger is at the airport, they could read the details straight off the passport.