We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia Flight booking

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia Flight booking

Hello!

I will be travelling from Singapore to Taipei in November this year and I wanted to take SQ (Which I usually do) but the prices are sky high due to the year end holidays so my alternative is EVA Air, I would like to ask if that airline is good and comparable to SQ. When browsing through Expedia, I came across a paring where I will take the SQ flight for the outbound journey codeshared with EVA Air and to take EVA Air for the inbound journey. I cannot afford to have this flight cancelled but this booking will also help me save around 100SGD per pax. I am not sure whether to book directly with SQ or EVA which is slightly more expensive than Expedia or to book with Expedia.

Thanks!

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia Flight booking

I dnt know those airlines. I don't know how those airlines operate with expedia....In the USA Expedia is considered a third party booking so you do not earn miles/points/ flight credits towards frequent flier programs. I'm wagering that is how it will be those airlines.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,396 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia Flight booking

The advice is always book direct wherever you can, and SGD$100 per pax in the larger scheme of your travels, is very small amount for the added security and minimised potential for issues.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia Flight booking

Thanks KVE1005 and Dan P! , I think I would book directly with the airline instead

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia Flight booking

I rate Eva highly., esp their premium economy/business cabins, but best to book direct.

5. Re: Expedia Flight booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16