We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights to Caribbean from Canada

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap flights to Caribbean from Canada

A few years back I booked a round trip flight to Grand Cayman for $400 taxes in. I guess now I have expectations as I am constantly looking for similar deals but rarely find them. Does anyone know if prices like these still exist to anywhere in the Caribbean. I'm not picky as to exactly where. Is there is a certain time of year flights are glaringly cheaper down South?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights to Caribbean from Canada

Flight prices have increased a lot in recent years as oil costs have risen along with airlines cutting back on some routes resulting in lower supply and higher prices.

Trying to get the same price as "a few years back" is going to be difficult.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights to Caribbean from Canada

You might get a cheap flight if you offer to take a parcel for a "business" man.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights to Caribbean from Canada

In the 1990s you used to be able to get R/T airfares from the US to Grand Cayman for $200-300. Unfortunately those days are long-gone. I just returned from GCM yesterday, and the best fare I could get for a non-stop flight from ATL was $650 (mostly because Delta is the only airline that has daily non-stop service from ATL > GCM, so there is basically no competition). Some friends of mine were down there same time as me and managed to get a sub-$600 fare, but I think they had to book several months in advance.

You just have to watch the fares for a while and buy when the price seems right. Once you do, don't look back.

-JimG

4. Re: Cheap flights to Caribbean from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:15