We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

Be aware of Corendon Airlines, and Bravofly agent!

Now I sit calmly to write this, since I've accepted the fact that there is a rare chance we could get our 560 euro back. But if anyone knows how, please please let me know.

The thing is like this.

We booked flight tickets of Corendon Airlines from Bravofly, from Crete, Greece to Amsterdam, Netherlands. They cancelled the flight 2 weeks before it happened, because there were not enough passenger. More precisely, they cancelled it 15 days before, since cancellation within 14 days they'll need to pay compensation. They totally know how to avoid it.

They didn't allow cancel the booking. Meanwhile they provided an only choice for us, an alternative flight, which was 8 hours later than our original one, and arrived in Amsterdam at 2am. We had another flight next day, just can not take it.

And for BRAVOFLY, they just don't take any responsibility, and you will get your answer only if you complained on social media. And they informed us the cancellation by e-mail, didn't even call. What if we didn't check e-mail?!

We've asked the credit card, insurance and compensation companies, can't get our money back. Is there a partly refund for non-used tickets?? or anyone knows another way??

thanks~

Ran

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,796 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

Bravofly are only an agent, so they're not responsible. Surely you were checking your booking regularly anyway, so would noticed it was cancelled whether they'd emailed or not? You are entitled to a refund. The airline would need to refund Bravofly, and they would refund you.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

they informed us the cancellation by e-mail, didn't even call. What if we didn't check e-mail?!

======

Wow, so people complain when the airline doesn't email them and now they complain when the airline *does* email them !! You couldn't make it up :-(

Presumably you think they should go round your house and tell you personally?

You should check your bookings regularly within the airlines system because emails can go astray, so thats the answer to "what if I didn't read email?" Its no different to "what if I didn't answer the phone?" or "what if I wasn't at home when they called?".

I dont understand why your credit card company wont give you your money back? Is it because the airline did refund the money to Bravofly and they arent paying it back? That can take months if ever.

Talking of which, remember originally when you booked through a company you never heard of and thought you'd been really clever to get a great deal? "hey I've just saved €25 woo hoo clever me" ?

Well now you've found out the downsides of (a) booking through a third party and (b) booking through a really rubbish third party.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

no respond from airline and no refund of course. asked Bravofly about the refund, haven't got any respond yet too. And for some credit card, they have insurance for cancellation, apparently, not ours.

If they called, at least we got a voice mail, right? Because we didn't have internet for some days during the trip. And if there were a cancellation, I would prefer to know it as soon as possible, so I could change schedule.

We were just too naive and stupid, too trust them.

To be honest, before this, I never thought the flight would be cancelled for not enough passenger : (

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,877 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

No airline is going to have the resources to personally ring every one of their passengers when a flight is rearranged or cancelled. It is completely impractical unless fares go up a lot to reflect the additional costs.

Have you sent a message to Bravofly's 'Sofia', who posted on your previous thread?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

How long ago was this? If it was recenltly I'd say you're jumping the gun about not getting a refund. You absolutely have a legal right to it.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,796 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

<<no respond from airline and no refund of course>>

You didn't book with the airline so you shouldn't expect a refund from them. It should come via your agent, Bravofly.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

Just noticed this is the second thread by the OP about this problem with the previous one getting much of the same respones plus an invitation from Bravofly to investigate further. Unless there's new info I don't see the justification for this thread.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

contacted 'Sofia' before, she asked her colleague 'Agata Joachimowicz' to in charge of it. Then we contacted by e-mail, I asked for refund for non-used tickets, haven't got respond since Jun 13.

The justification for this thread?! I want my money back, and hoping get help from here.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

No one here can help you apart possibly from "Sofia" and you are already talking to them.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: help for get refund from canceled flight Corendon, Bravofly

you are so mean