We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No flight confirmation

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
No flight confirmation

I attempted to book flights with Thompson from Edinburgh to Cancun this evening and got right up to the page where it was contacting the bank for payment authorisation when it suddenly flicked onto a new flight search page! Since then I've had no confirmation email from Thomson but I've rung the card company and they say the money has been taken. I've spent £15 on hold ringing customer services with no success and finally got on a live web chat with an advisor who directed me to an online form which I couldn't submit without a booking ref number which I don't have because I never got a confirmation email!!

What on earth do I do now? I feel like I'm going round in circles!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No flight confirmation

checked your Junk Folder?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No flight confirmation

Yes, there's nothing.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,168 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No flight confirmation

Send them a PM on Facebook or a DM on twitter.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No flight confirmation

Hi

My feeling is you might have typed in your email incorrectly, easily done and almost impossible to sort out if they have an overseas call centre.

I would email them sending details of what and when you booked, the surnames of all the passengers and tell them you have not had your confirmation.

Perhaps someone on here can tell you their email address so you don't need the online form.

Good luck

Jackie

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No flight confirmation

I notice their contact hours are from 0800 - 2000, Gladys. May be sleepless night but would be on the telephone 0800 prompt tomorrow morning and hopefully get through. I notice they have 0203 nbrs which believe charged at standard rate.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,168 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No flight confirmation

Not sure how you managed, or knew, you'd spent £15 holding on, but the numbers are London numbers, charged at normal rates. Ring 0203 451 2695.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No flight confirmation

Hi

It might be a London number but if it's an overseas call centre then spelling out your email address and name can be a nightmare. E's A's and Y's are pronounced so differently.

Jackie

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,168 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No flight confirmation

The OP 'booked' online. They not spoken to anyone on the phone - yet. It's not an overseas centre as far as I know.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 22:26
London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No flight confirmation

Presume the poster called the technical help nbr which states

'Calls

cost 5p per minute plus network

extras. '

That's why I suggested calling 0203 nbr tomorrow morning when call centre first opens.

10. Re: No flight confirmation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16