We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avro travel

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
avro travel

hi

i,ve booked a flight with monarch through avro. on manage my bookings with avro it is a ticketless flight and does not ask you to print your boarding card, but if you book direct with monarch you have to print one off. is this correct cos i don,t want to get charged at airport ?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,774 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: avro travel

If you've booked through Avro it's probably a charter flight. If so you can't check in online and print your boarding pass. All you need to check in is your booking reference and your passport. I'd print a copy of your confirmation/itinerary to take with you though. Even if you book a scheduled flight direct with Monarch you don't have to check in online and print your boarding passes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: avro travel

I booked flights with Monarch unwittingly via Avro's website. You can't do anything on line, such as add extra leg room seats, like you can if you book direct with Monarch You have to ring their call centre instead but they never answer the phone as they are busy with other calls (premium rate number). You also can't check in on line which is very annoying especially if you have a 6.00 am flight. My booking is now in a complete mess thanks to erroneous information avro gave me via email. When booking you may not realise you are going through avro. If you find there is no access to a flight seating plan then you're probably not on Monarch's own website so my advice is cancel and go direct to

Monarch.co.uk.. Avoid Avro at all costs!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,774 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: avro travel

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Avro. They've won many awards.

If you go on Monarch.co.uk and the route is a charter route, you will still book with Avro, which is made quite clear during their booking process. Monarch charter flights cannot be booked direct with the airline on monarch.co.uk.

On Monarch charter flights you cannot select seat numbers, but as part of the booking process on Avro it lets you select pre-booked seats (and for Monarch charter flights that's about as good as it gets).

It would make no difference who you booked a Monarch charter flight through, you wouldn't be able to manage your booking online, select seat numbers online, check in online. There is no online check in for Monarch charter flights.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: avro travel

The way you can tell whether it is Monarch scheduled or Monarch charter is very simple. Scheduled flights have flight numbers beginning ZB, charter flights have flight numbers beginning MON.

5. Re: avro travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:15