We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice

Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
First Choice

Has anyone had dealings with First Choice and made a complaint (before travelling)?

My daughter has changed her name by deed poll, nothing drastic just gone double barrelled so I phoned first choice about 2 months ago and asked how much it would cost to alter her name on the holiday booking, I was told it would be £25 and had to be done more than 48 hours before travel otherwise it would rise to £100.

So new passport was applied for with new name and arrived today. I phone first choice to change the name on the booking, no problem madam, that will be £50!!!!! Having explained the situation I was told tough basically I have no choice but to pay when I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told they were busy and I could wait on hold, it would be about 10 minutes. I ask for a call back and get told no we don't do this. So I pay £4000 for a week in Majorca and you can't even call me back?

Has anyone else had a similar issues with first choice?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,259 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice

To change a surname with Thomsons/First Choice is £50 and names have to be changed outside 14 days of travel. To correct an incorrect title, initial, or age is £25.

Whoever did the booking would have been aware of this when it was booked, as it's in the terms and conditions read and accepted at that time.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice

Guide To Amendment Fees as per First Choice T & C's.

Paragraph 11. If You Change Your Booking

http://tinyurl.com/ks9bhev

Angie.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 17:19
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice

Thanks both, my husband made the booking, I'm more annoyed at the fact that I phoned up to confirm the cost before applying for a name change on the passport. If they had told me then it would be £50 I would have left it until we returned.I explained exactly what I wanted to change too so obviously the person I spoke to either didn't understand me or wasn't correctly trained.

And the fact that they wouldn't call me back is what's really annoyed me. I have worked on customer services so I always try and be polite as I find it normally gets you further.

Still, you live and learn!

4. Re: First Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:16