We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

Has anyone flown this route recently (past few weeks)? Seems they have reconfigured yet again. Bus First had been 2 compartments (4 seats/3 seats) with a lav in between. Now showing it as one compartment when I try to do seating. However, Seat Guru and the UA website still show as 2 compartments. Thoroughly confused! Don't want to choose row 5 if it is indeed not a bulkhead seat. Any info greatly appreciated!!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,826 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

Don't know the route BUT when Seat Guru and the airlines general site differ from the map being presented for seat selection I would go with the actual map. Seat Guru can take ages to update and the UA website map--if it just changed, give them a chance.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

Thanks, Rdgladly - I took your advice and changed my seat to Row 1 just to be sure I get the bulkhead. Loved the old configuration - so roomy. Sorry to see them adjust it yet again!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
35,328 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

LAX to JFK, and SFO to JFK have been the UA ps flights for some years. The ships are 757's (and will stay so), configured for BFC (Domestic) and E+. They are unique configurations, and suited for the medium-haul flights.

We have flown them fairly often, but not in the last few weeks. I am totally unaware of any changes on either routes, and when speaking to a FA, who does them both, she did not mention any changes. Because of the unique nature of these flights, one might have to really search with SeatGuru, to find the configurations.

Once, if one was in BFC on a ps flight, they did have access to the International FC UA Clubs, but I understand that this is no more. Too bad.

Hunt

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,022 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

LAX to JFK, and SFO to JFK have been the UA ps flights for some years.

-----------

Well, they were 3 class but are in the process of/have been converted to 2 class with Business First. Could that be the cause of the resulting confusion?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
35,328 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

OP2002,

<<Well, they were 3 class but are in the process of/have been converted to 2 class with Business First.>>

It certainly could be. The ps changeover has caused a bit of consternation in a few other areas too.

From the most recent UA literature, those will be the only 757's in the fleet, and are all being redone, but I have not seen an estimate on when that will be complete.

Hunt

6. Re: UA BusFirst LAX to JFK - Configuration Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:17