We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia

I know Air Asia from Australia is a low cost Airline but wanted to know from anyone with experience if they offer assistance at airports the same as full cost ones do? I travel with a disabled person who needs wheelchairs and help getting on and off planes. Thank You for any information.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia

I dont have any first hand experience but from what I have heard it is the airports that offer the assistance not the airline.

(But the airline still needs to be notified)

Edited: 12 July 2014, 03:59
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
946 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia

bez1234, yes they do, my wife has a disability and needs a wheelchair at most airports, when you are booking online there is a box you tick for special assistance, if you are flying Air AsiaX the service is free, on domestic flights there is a small charge.

When you check in at the airport confirm with them that a wheelchair will be waiting at the other end, only once out of approx 10 times we have booked one did they fail to be waiting, if it is not there the cabin staff will contact them on your behalf.

Happy Holidays

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia

That is correct. The Airport is the one that provides that service. The airline, Air Asia, needs to be notified by you of any requests and this information is fully available on their website.

While most reports have been average to good, there are some instances where the 'booking' of this service was overlooked by Air Asia and pax had to wait or be manhandled out of planes.

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia

Thank You for your replies. Will be checking out there specials from now on. Had a experience recently where Virgin said they couldn't supply chair in Dempasar so arrange VOA assistance only to get there to find they had a chair waiting.

5. Re: Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16