We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outbound and return cancelled

Janesville...
Level Contributor
198 posts
445 reviews
Save Topic
Outbound and return cancelled

In a few weeks, we're flying DL through ORD-JFK-PRG. We have an early afternoon flight for part 1, and the JFK-PRG departure isn't until 7:48pm. I've been tracking the flights to see the reliability, and our first leg has an on-time of 55%. At this moment, we have a 4 1/2 hr layover built into our connection. Just curious after yesterday's headaches at JFK b/c of weather, if they cancel DL210 (JFK-PRG) will they rebook on another carrier? I saw DL210 pushed back departure until 2:30am-ish when it was then cancelled. Today DL211 the return leg from PRG is cancelled as well. We haven't gone int'l. in sometime (aside from military airlifts) and I didn't know if DL would rebook on another carrier b/c of weather. Thanks for putting our mind at ease.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,433 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

They would probably rebook you with an alliance partner if it was convenient.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,802 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

I have done that specific flight. You cannot keep worrying yourself about weather a few weeks from now as it will be different from weather today! They cannot just rebook an entire plane load of people easily as most international flights these days are pretty full and if one carrier is affected by weather then so will the other carriers.You will get there and you will get home. Just have good thoughts and try not to stress.

In general flights that leave first thing in the AM have a better on time record than flights that leave later in the day. Delta is very good at trying to get their international travelers to and from their destinations. Prague is a great city!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

I didn't know if DL would rebook on another carrier b/c of weather

Alliance partner, possibly.

Any airline, highly unlikely.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
198 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

Thanks all! I know everyday is going to be different, it's just a peace of mind for what we can expect if it happened. We've never flown into an AP with one daily flight on the carrier. When we booked DL mistakenly credited my ticket as the only one with miles plus cash redeem. As a result my wife and I have different reservations, but same flights. Thanks again for the help, we're looking forward to smooth skies.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,802 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

You might call and see if they can link the reservations. It doesn't hurt to ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

Is this on one ticket or seperste tickets please?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
198 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

Thanks Riff, I will call DL back and see if that's possible. I called to redeem miles plus cash, but DL booking mistakenly took the entire discount off my ticket. They then processed my ticket, and my wife's ticket on two reservations. Same flights, adjacent seats. We paid for EC on all four legs. I was just worried if we have reroute or delay, will we be processed the same?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
522 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

Riff has a good idea; we often travel on separate tickets as one or the other of us (or both) are traveling on miles. United refers to it as "cross-referencing" and notes on our reservations that we are traveling together. One time we did miss a connection when we were both on miles and LH (in this case) did book us together onwards to our final destination. Others on the aircraft were not so lucky.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
198 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

Thanks CA and Riff, I'll call DL this week and see if that's something they can do. We try to stay ahead of these things, and we've had good luck. Our UA ORD-HNL flight in February was delayed four hours, making our HNL-LIH connection a no go. With some planning and preemptive calls to HA, we got 3 of the last 8 seats for the final flight of the night for HNL-LIH. If I can plan ahead, i'll plan for the worst and hope for the best. Thanks again everyone!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,969 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outbound and return cancelled

If a flight is cancelled due to weather I guess other carriers will have similar problems, so I would think it less likely in this instance that you would be booked with another carrier. They will also have problems getting their passengers away.