We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

My wife and I will be travelling from Kolkata to London Heathrow via Doha by Qatar Airways. Since this is the first time we are travelling so far abroad we need to have some idea about the following:

a) The procedure for transfer from arrival to the departure for the connecting flight. How to go about it

b) Whether the stop over time of 2.30 hours should be enough at Doha during our return journey. It depends mainly on two things viz; record of punctuality of Qatar and then how fast the transfer is done at Doha.

While going through the review, I found complaints that Qatar may change our seats and allot to some other passengers and may not also allot adjacent seats to us. The review also criticised the way the ground staff treat you in case you miss the connecting flight due to delay of the flight from London. It would be of great help if experienced travellers would guide me. It is urgent as there is very little time for my departure.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

Don't worry. You will be safe.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,155 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

Some of the connections at Doha are just over 60 minutes and the airport is mainly a transit hub for passengers like you so,as Hans says,you have plenty of time

Your connection gate will be clearly marked.

Millions of passengers have a good experience on airlines and never post a compliment. It is only the few that have a isolated problem that moan about it on social media and travel sites.

SS

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

I did the connection in May (at the old terminal - using the buses). The time between flights was 1.15 - it was more than enough

Connection gates clearly marked - and there are staff that were also very helpful with pointing you in the right direction.

I had no complaints with Qatar - I didn't get the seat I booked though...I got upgraded ;)

uk
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

I flew through the new airport in Doha last week.

I had a 60 minute connection and made it with plenty of time to spare. It is pretty straight forward, just follow the flight connection signs, you'll pass through a quick security check, then check the screens for the gate for your connecting flight and then head there. With a two hour plus connection you'll probably have plenty of time to look round the airport, shop, eat, what ever takes your fancy really.

I was flying in BC and was very impressed with Qatar.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

My heartfelt thanks to you all for the invaluable guidance. Yes, I agree with SS that only the bad experiences are posted on the review.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

I am an Indian and , therefore,cannot do withoput water in the toilet for right from childhood we are used to this only. Do the toilets aty Doha Airport have water? I will arrive at Doha at 6.30 in the morning and will have a stopover of 6 hours. Could someone advise me suitably?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

Umm, yes they do have water.

8. Re: Visit to the UK via Doha in Qatar Airways- queries prior to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16