We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding gown on United flights

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Wedding gown on United flights

Hello all!!

I will be traveling to Maui next May for my wedding and was wondering if anyone has had experience bringing a wedding gown on a United flight?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding gown on United flights

Not United especially, but check this thread out for tips and stories tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5557465…

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,145 posts
1,291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding gown on United flights

We fly UA to HNL from both LAX and SFO quite often. I have seen several wedding dresses (a few hanging in fairly heavy vinyl bags, and a few boxed), and the FA's managed to find safe places for them. Due to their size, unlike a gentleman's jacket, these were not handed out, just before landing, so the brides-to-be did have to wait a bit to gather them up. We normally fly 772's, and there are some lockers in those planes.

What I fear, however, is that just because I have observed such, it might not be standard policy. I would contact UA directly, and inquire.

Good luck, congratulations, and have a very wonderful wedding!

Hunt

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding gown on United flights

I wonder how people get them through given the regs about hand luggage size? Do they turn a blind eye? Whats the deal if they refuse?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,145 posts
1,291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding gown on United flights

<<I wonder how people get them through given the regs about hand luggage size?>>

Joe,

That is a very good question. For all the wedding dresses (or so the young ladies say?) loading onto UA flights with us, I cannot ever recall seeing a single one in the TSA line - and even with PreCheck, we spend a BUNCH of time there. Next one that I encounter will get that very question from me, before I hand the couple a few glasses of bubbly, and toast them.

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,145 posts
1,291 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding gown on United flights

Now, it could well be that they just place them on the conveyor, and get them scanned?

Saw a lady the other day, placing her infant in a bin on the conveyor, before several pax and agents stopped her!

Hunt

6. Re: Wedding gown on United flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:17