We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New electricals must be powered up rules?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,143 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New electricals must be powered up rules?

Hi

Has anyone traveled with an external hard drive which can only be powered up with a computer or lap top?

I am taking a hard drive with me in September containing family photos and films to the Czech Republic and I won't be able to power it up as I won't be carrying a computer, is there a problem now carrying this sort of electrical?

Jackie

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New electricals must be powered up rules?

God knows, reports so far are that security staff are "using their discretion" and not bothering to power up anything

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New electricals must be powered up rules?

It's electronic. Devices such as iPads, iPods, phones and computers. Hard drive should not come under this category, because it can't be powered up stand alone. I would email the airport and ask them, but I can't think there would be a problem.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,038 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New electricals must be powered up rules?

Despite the security queue taking over an hour at Manchester last Monday, OH wasn't asked to power up phone, laptop or tablet. At Frankfurt he left his phone is his bag. No one checked anything at security, or the gate, or either flight.

4. Re: New electricals must be powered up rules?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:16