We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

Wondering if anyone can help, we had our connecting flight cancelled while we were in the air, landed, spent hours getting our luggage and no connecting flight, Accomadation offered. I have spent the last two weeks trying to contact the airline and get a refund. Is there an EU authority I can complain too, I had a look at the EU flights authority website but it says you have to live in Spain to complain???? Anyone been in this situation before and had any results?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,823 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

Some more details needed - where were you flying from/to, what was the reason for the cancellation.

You say it was a connection - did you have 2 flights on the same ticket or 2 flights on separate tickets.

What did the airline do - offer you alternative flights.

EU Regs 261 would normally come into play in this scenario and applies to all passengers regardless of where they live.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

If the airline rebooked you on another flight you're not entitled to a refund. It isn't clear from your post if that is the case or not.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

We were due to fly Nice to Barca, Barca to Munich. Luggage checked all the way through. First flight was delayed on Tarmac for 1.5 hours, were told on the plane that our original connecting flight would be waiting as all flights delayed due to bad weather. Landed, rushed to the gate we were told, and the flight had been cancelled. Then took two hours to get baggage due to it being " lost ". Then waited in line to get to the service desk to find out an alternative. Couldn't get to talk to anyone, and as the last flight to munich had already left, booked a hotel in Barca at own cost. Have been pursuing Vueling for the last two weeks via their website complaints site, twitter and phone . Still nothing. Was hoping there is someone else I can contact to help resolve this?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,823 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

Where flights are delayed/cancelled due to bad weather the airline has a duty of care but it sounds like you got fed up waiting and booked the hotel on your own - not sure if they will reimburse your costs.

Did they fly you on the next available flight?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

But were you rebooked or did you never make it to Munich?

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

No nothing was offered, we couldn't even get the desk to talk to the service personal. I will never fly them again, we booked our own flights the next Day through Luthasa.

Is there any EU Airline authority we can go to to get a refund on the flight that was paid for and not received

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

Tom9c7 are we expected to camp in line in order to receive a connecting flight? I would have though six hours was enough? We had already been unconvinced enough, I think food and Accomadation are basic rights we can expect? Can anyone answer my question?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

Keep trying to get a hold of Vueling, that's your best option for now.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

Thanks, really helpful

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vueling Flight Cancelled, No Refund

If all else fails, try disputing the charge with your credit card company.

Perhaps you will find useful information here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_261/2004

Edited: 22 July 2014, 23:58