We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Domestic Flight Baggage question

Perth, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
US Domestic Flight Baggage question

I have tried searching this and I can't seem to find an answer.

I have book all my domestic/canada flights (Virgin America, Delta & Air Canada) for my US trip and they all do not come with baggage and it states that it will cost $25 for the first and $35 for the second.

Now no where within the check out process can I pay for this??? When can we actually pay for the baggage I am so confused?

Normally when I book flight with another airline you state whether you are checking in a baggage and the weight and the price is added to the total cost of the ticket.

Could someone enlighten me please :)

Edited: 23 July 2014, 07:17
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Domestic Flight Baggage question

Usually you would be able to add and pay for luggage via the 'manage my booking' tabs on the various websites either before or during the check in process.

Virgin America - How can I pay for baggage fees?... …custhelp.com/app/…3D

Delta - Checking in and paying online...

delta.com/content/…

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,087 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Domestic Flight Baggage question

You can also pay by credit card when you check in for the flights - the cost is the same and there is no need to pay in advance.

Perth, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US Domestic Flight Baggage question

Thanks for the quick response!

4. Re: US Domestic Flight Baggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:16