We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic 747 bubble - overhead bins

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic 747 bubble - overhead bins

Hi,

I will be travelling on the upper deck of a 747 in the coming weeks and have heard that the overhead compartments are a good bit smaller than the compartments on the main deck.

Do any of you know exactly how much smaller the are and would I struggle fitting my standard carry-on case into it? I have heard of some people having to store their bags at the back of the cabin.

Would I be better off just bring a smaller bag with me because I don't want the hassle of going down the back anything I want to get something out of my bag.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic 747 bubble - overhead bins

This exact question was just asked yesterday! Can't link to the thread on the app, but if you just go back a couple of pages you'll find it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic 747 bubble - overhead bins

Thanks for the reply, I should have done a search but I am in work so I want to keep my holiday researching to a minimum.

Have read the previous reviews and will just take a smaller bag with me.

South of England
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic 747 bubble - overhead bins

It's here if interested

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k76535…

4. Re: Virgin Atlantic 747 bubble - overhead bins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:16