We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

Booked a premium seat on NA from Copenhagen to JFK originally on a Dreamliner. They switched it out to a EuroAtlantic 777.

What am in in for?

London, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

How did the flight go? I have a flight booked with Norwegian from Gatwick to LA and now that I know about them being LCC therefore not having agreements with other airlines and so leasing this Euro Atlantic airliner, I'm a bit concerned...Others have got back to me and said the flight was fine but they got the dreamliner. Any news?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,084 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

The LGW-LAX flight is meant to be operated by the nightmareliner (or Boeing 787) and normally this is exactly what happens. The chronic unreliability some of Norwegian's 787s have shown, plus their tight scheduling, has meant some very delayed take-offs and arrivals. The substitute planes they have had to hire in to try to maintain the timetables normally appear on the flights between the US and Norway/Sweden/Denmark.

The LGW flight appears to be punctual just 50% of the time, and extremely late 25% of the time, according to the FlightStats website.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

I took the flight last week on what I would call the EuroAir Retroliner. Plane had to be 25 years old. I recognized it as being one of those old AA jets from years ago. I flew "premium class" but they separated me from my travel partner when they changed from the Dreamliner.

The Portuguese (not a NA) crew was indifferent and why shouldn't they be? They have no interest in cultivating me as a repeat customer. They rarely, if ever, came by to see if we needed anything.

The food was bad, even by airline standards.

The plane got there but the experience was just not up to standards.

I complained to NA, I will advise you of any response.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 18:02
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,084 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

If you flew on the 777, that's ex Singapore Airlines and is 16 this year. Two of EuroAtlantic's 767s did spend a year with AA, they got them when they took over TWA, and offloaded them the next year. Probably never even saw AA colours, and are about 22 years old. They have one that's even older but never flew for AA.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,640 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

call me sad but as i'm flying in sept i am keeping a daily check on the usa flights so far 1 had 2 hour delay and the others was on time departing, fingers crossed is all we can do

6. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 22:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

Thanks for this information. You can post on their fb page and email ..i will find address... as they seem to respond to my concerns this way.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,618 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

150aerobat : All that for what amounted to arriving just 4 hours late. Wow, you've got high expectations. BTW, I'm reporting your post as a Duplicate, since you also posted it here 4 days ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6503055…

London, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

I think there was more to it than the 4 hour delay. Lack of communication and not giving out vouchers is a lousy way to treat customers and should be the least you can expect to allay stress, fatigue etc. You should expect the opposite to go some way to make up for delays.

10. Re: Norwegian Airlines Transatlantic - What Can I Expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 17:35