We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

HI there, my family is flying to Valencia next week and I have been wondering how to get the kids' booster seats there without paying a fortune (car hire co want 120 euros for 2 for 2 weeks) and have rung Ryanair and spoken to 2 different operators who both say that I can have one pram and one piece of baby equipment free per baby or child. I have a 4 yr old and a 71/2yr old and they reckon that I won't have to pay for the booster seats - they will go to the bottom of the plane steps like prams and go in the hold. Here it is on the website (scroll down to table) www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/

I know how sticky Rynair can be - has anyone actually done this before and was it all ok? Thanks very much. Cheers, Lindy

Lurgan, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

Lindy - I am in precisely the same situation. Did you get any information?

Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

Hi there - been and am back now and can confirm all children are entitled to 2 free items eg: pram, carrycot, car seat (they are listed on website). Children are classified as under 12 and you have to go to the check in desk to get the car seats ticketed then you drop them at the outsize bag drop and collect them on the conveyor belt at the other side. Apparently this is new and so is the fact that if you book priority boarding (definitely recommend with kids) you get your cabin bag as well as a free handbag or laptop bag to take on board with you. I hope that helps and enjoy your trip. Cheers

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,951 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

You don't get a free handbag or laptop bag with priority boarding. Everyone is entitled to take a small 2nd bag, which was introduced primarily so people could buy something airside and not have to squeeze it into their carry on bag. You can take a handbag if you prefer, but then anything bought airside would have to go in the carry on bag. You can't take a laptop bag as the 2nd piece. The max size is 35 x 20 x 20 cm.

The only real benefit to priority boarding is that you are more or less guaranteed to be able to keep your carry on bag with you in the cabin. It's free if you book premium seats.

Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

Great, thanks for that - have checked it and you are right. I was going on what the check in lady told me at the airport when she was plumping for priority boarding and now see that the 2 bags are for everyone and yes, the second one is pretty small. Ah well, maybe one day :-) I am just happy with the car seat freebie!

5. Re: Ryanair - no charge for booster seats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:16