We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aegean airlines

Offaly ROI
Level Contributor
20 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
aegean airlines

I've booked a flight from tiblisi to london via Athens with aegean.. (I'm flying to tiblisi with pragues air)

Paid for using my brothers credit card (don't have one myself)

When I got my booking confirmation it said credit card used may be required on check in.

How will this work as it's not in my name? Have emailed them but no response. I'm very worried I'll become stranded in Georgia if I'm refused to fly

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aegean airlines

You need to CALL Aegean, as yes this could be an issue.

Usually in these situations, the card holder (your brother) needs to visit an airline ticket desk (an airport served by Aegean) with the credit card used and some ID (eg passport). He then fills out a form that declares that your ticket was purchased with his card with his permission. The reservation is noted and the passenger can fly without the need to show the original credit card at check in.

For future reference, this type of purchase (someone buys a ticket for a third party but is not traveling) can have problems when booked directly with the airline. It's a fraud prevention measure taken by the airline. In these cases it can be better to book the ticket using a reputable full service travel agent. Then, it's the agent that's assuming the risk of CC fraud and the airline won;t worry and therefore won't want to see the card.

Offaly ROI
Level Contributor
20 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aegean airlines

Thanks for the response.

Not the info I was hoping for.

I live in Ireland and this airline don't fly here.

3. Re: aegean airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 07:15