We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please. virgin

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Help please. virgin

Me and my partner have booked a holiday with virgin to las vegas and new york. Today I receive an email from virgin telling me that my virgin flight to las vegas from london gatwick has been cancelled and they gave me an option to go a day earlier for £120 for an extra night. My hotel in gatwick is none refundable and cant change the dates and its costing me £70 to change my newcastle to london gatwick flight to change the date. Ive paid £190 for something thats not my fault and lost £109 for the hotel. I have holiday insurance, is it likely they can sort it?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Help please. virgin

Re the hotel and flight, I have been in a similar position with booking in advance, always either book a refundable hotel rate or hang fire till closer to departure date to book something. Similar with the flights, a flexible ticket can be very expensive so I would tend to book much later or book with Miles then it can be changed for a small fee

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Help please. virgin

James was given much advice about booking a flight from Newcastle-LAS and didn't heed the advice that in such instances booking the connecting flight on a separate ticket would cause problems.

It's not a money making ploy. Airline schedules change and in those instances you can either a) accept the change b) Be re-routed or c) get a full refund and rebook but that only applies to the schedule of the flights on that specific itinerary. You take the risk of booking additional flights and hotels separately and you pay the price when the schedule changes - you were told about this when you asked for your options and chose to ignore the advice given.

23. Re: Help please. virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16