We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

Lincolnshire...
4 posts
Save Topic
Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

My name on my travel document for my Norwegian Airline flight to America on Sunday is 'Turner' instead of 'Turner-Morris'. It will incur a £36 fee for a change online. Is there anyway around this?

Just to inform you this is a budget airline, and it's a paper online check-in document rather than proper ticket.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

Doesn't make any difference if it's a LCC or not,name on passport must be exactly the same as on the ticket, phone the airline and get the change confirmed asap (time is not your friend) otherwise you won't get past check-in at LGW

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

Your first name and surname on your ticket (and your ticket will be an e-ticket in the airline's computer) MUST match your passport.

Pay the £36 change fee if you want to fly.

You did me again Jumper... I can't even beat you to it at half one in the morning! :-)

Edited: 26 July 2014, 01:37
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,145 posts
1,291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

I agree with the above two responses.

However, I have a question, what "budget airline" are you flying from the UK to the USA? Is this a charter, or other?

Good luck,

Hunt

Lincolnshire...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

Cheers for the rapid response, I've gone ahead and just payed for the change online, you don't think there is still a reason to ring up the airline do you?

Lincolnshire...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

Norwegian Air, just a standard flight.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

No reason to call the airline now-good flying

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

That was a very reasonable cost for priceless piece of mind! Happy travels

Edited: 26 July 2014, 02:49
8. Re: Need Urgent Help. Name wrong on flight to US.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16