We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Just been looking up flights for next Feb/March for Virgin Atlantic. Flying from London direct to Las Vegas. They are all coming up with 1 stop!

Are they not going direct anymore?

Sandra b

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Travel-Undercover

Thank you!!! Thought I was going nuts!

I'd just put in a London airport thinking they would all come up. Once I put in Gatwick I found our usual 10hr flights on VS43/44.

Duhhhhh!

Sandra b

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,423 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

You could have had that in post 1! lolol. Clearly stated: "And Virgin flies non stop from LGW."

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

I'm having a senior moment. I'll go stand in the corner!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Sandra b

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,423 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

:-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Hi - you are not going mad - I'm getting the same issue. There should be a VS043 and a rtn VS044 but although site is showing direct flight out , it is not picking up virgin flights as on option for rtn flight (unless via new York or other route, and also showing Delta flights). This is on the official Virgin Atlantic site. There is obviously some issue with the site and I have reported it. Ignore some of the posts on here they don't know what they are talking about - there IS an issue. I suggest you call them if you want to book - their new website is nowhere near as good as the old version. Grrrrrr.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Hi DBGvegas

After thinking and chatting about it with my husband, we have come to the conclusion that the website has changed.

We used to just stick in Las Vegas as the destination and up would come the VS043/44 flights and other options from a London airport. This time, when I put in flying from Gatwick only as suggested earlier, I was able to find the flights.

Now, if you just do London it automatically brings up LHR which has the flights linked with Delta. I'm guessing this is due to Virgin Atlantic and Delta linking up.

I was looking up flights for my son as he complained he couldn't find a direct flight with Virgin and it's had me confused this weekend. My next flight out is with BA next April/May as we had a bunch of avios points which gave us a great price.

However, we are Frequent Flyers with Virgin so I was keen to figure it out.

With a nudge in the right direction we now know were to look.

Senior moment over. LOL

Sandra b

Edited: 27 July 2014, 21:09
South of England
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Your welcome Sandra. Enjoy LAS.

@DBGVegas - Whilst Virgin typically run a daily LGW/LAS/LGW service someone reported on here recently that their flight had been pushed back a day. They were is dispute about the extra cost of their hotel and a domestic uk flight. Perhaps for the inbound service you were checking the flight is not scheduled to operate on that day.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Only BA and VS operate a direct service between London and LAS.

VS43/44 is a daily service from LGW, departing at 1125 and returning 1640

BA2277/2276 is a three times per week service from LGW, departing 1050 Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, returning 1525

BA275/6 is a daily service from LHR, departing 1650 and returning 2120 (though slightly earlier in the winter)

All six flights are both direct and non stop

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Update - had a reply from Virgin Atlantic - this is a known fault an is being fixed. Reply I got by email today below:

Dear David.

Thank you for your enquiry and apologies for the late reply.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced with our website when searching for Las Vegas flights.

Unfortunately this is a known problem of which our team are currently in the process of rectifying.

Contact Centre Customer Service Team

TRACKING NUMBER: A00002260536-00007630331

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Direct flights from London to Las Vegas?

Hey DBGvegas.

Thank you for getting in touch with Virgin and posting the update.

It's nice to know I wasn't being as dense as I thought I was. And that the flights are still there.

We've been checking out BA and Virgin Atlantic prices for flights to Las Vegas for years and just couldn't figure out why we were suddenly unable to get the info we wanted.

Personally, no way would I ever do a non direct flight all that way. Maybe not so bad going out, though I'd worry about connections what with getting through immigration, but definitely NOT coming back. 9/10 hours through the night is knackering enough.

Thought VA options had to be there somewhere. Hope they sort the glitch out soon for other travellers looking for direct flights. Those that are as easily confused as I am that is! lol

Sandra b