We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airtransat

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
airtransat

would anyone know is it worth upgrade on airtransat, wanting to go to Vancouver coming back from Calgary, , last time i traveled with them the seats where like buckets, worst flight ever, but is the next step up from economy worth it

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airtransat

It's a pretty short 1 hour flight even for sitting in a bucket.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airtransat

Alegre I think the Op means they want to fly Transat from UK to YVR and return to UK from Calgary LOL this is based on their other post about itinerary..a one way drive from Vancouver to Calgary

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airtransat

Bigger seat for nine hours is probably worth it.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airtransat

Yup

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airtransat

Someone I know just did this and said it was absolutely worth the extra $ to upgrade ... for the leg room.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airtransat

Your original comment is the flight was "worst flight ever", so unless you are someone who enjoys misery, why would you not ante up for a better seat (or fly another carrier).

To me life is too short to rebook with airlines that you consider "worst" when there are clear alternatives.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airtransat

I have done that flight although it was wit Thomas Cook and sat in economy. No problems with the flight and seat was ok. Flew on one of their refurbed A330s back from Toronto and again no issues in economy - unless you want to sleep and then it could be an issue in both classes. From Vancouver you fly over the arctic and in June it does not get dark so I could sleep anyway. Seat comfort was fine. Taxes are going to make a big difference to the price. Looked at flying club class out to Toronto and because of the big jump in taxes it made the £99 upgrade an expensive item.

8. Re: airtransat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16