We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

Looking business class options (vacation travel w/wife) to D.C. to Netherlands. Iceland Air with a two day outbound stop in Iceland at ~US$2400/person seems like by far the least expensive option.

I still have enough AMEX miles for convert to Delta for upgrades, but upgradable ticket cost (even using 25K per segment), lack of availability and better hotel use for the miles make it seem like Iceland Air is a better option (plus now Iceland seems like a great stopover).

I am 6' 2" and 215 and at 61 my back is not what is was 40 years ago. From what I Saga Class is a step down from Delta Business, but still a lot better to sleep in than Coach.

Have others flown Iceland Air Saga D.C to AMS, how is it and how does it compare to "real" business class?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

It's more like domestic first class than international business class, so no flat bed. I would take KLM in premium economy if price is an issue.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,688 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

Saga class is in no way comparable to normal trans-Atlantic business class on other airlines. Think of it as some sort of premium economy type service...40 inch pitch and better seat, but nowhere near lie flat, pod, or even decent business class on other airlines.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 01:56
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,634 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

When is your trip?

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

Looking at mid October, but somewhat flexible.

5. Re: Business Class D.C. to Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:15