We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laptop on Ryanair?

2 posts
Save Topic
Laptop on Ryanair?

As I understand it I am allowed 1 cabin bag, max 55 x 40 x 20 cms, and 1 small bag, max 35 x 20 x 20 cms. A standard 15" laptop is slightly above the second option (35 x 24 x 2 cms roughly). Anyone know whether a laptop with those dimensions will fit in the thing anyway (by placing it along the diagonal & tilting it)?

I'd really rather not have my laptop in the cabin bag should it be placed in the aircraft holder, seeing how carelessly they load them on.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 17:02
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
15,010 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laptop on Ryanair?

"Anyone know whether a laptop with those dimensions will fit in the thing anyway (by placing it along the diagonal or something)?"

No it won't.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Laptop on Ryanair?

Thanks, I didn't think it would. What a pain.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,836 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laptop on Ryanair?

Just take it out and carry it on board if they gate-check your bag.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,305 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laptop on Ryanair?

Book a seat and PB and you are guaranteed that your hand luggage will stay with you.

SS

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laptop on Ryanair?

I saw a chap last week at BRS who had his laptop on straps around his neck like you would carry a camera. He just seemed to walk through with it and the other large bag.

6. Re: Laptop on Ryanair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16