We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying extr luggage with Finnair at airport in Beijing

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
buying extr luggage with Finnair at airport in Beijing

I need to buy another checked in luggage. I am flying with Finnair from Beijing to London but because British Airways provides me the ticket I cannot buy the luggage on-line. I found on the Finnair website that I will have to buy the luggage allowance at the airport if another airline issues my ticket.

Did anyone ever experianced that? Can I buy it during check in or do I have to find a Finnair desk at the Beijing Airport? My flight will be aprox 10;30 am and I am a bit worried that I may not have much time to sort it out. Bearing in mind how little English is spoken by the staff at the airport.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying extr luggage with Finnair at airport in Beijing

You would pay for your luggage at the luggage drop. They may give you an option for paying at check in but be prepared to pay at departure.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 19:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying extr luggage with Finnair at airport in Beijing

Thanks. I really don't want to end up in situation that I cannot add a luggage!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying extr luggage with Finnair at airport in Beijing

Bearing in mind how little English is spoken by the staff at the airport.

====

I've never checked in with Finnair at PEK, but I have many times with United. And my experience is that the check in staff speak more than enough English to handle things like check in baggage and whatever the airline policies are.

I had a 24 hour delay a couple of years ago (at Shanghai, okay not PEK) but again the check in staff that handled the irrops issues (rebookings and hotel vouchers) were perfectly conversant in English and answered questions clearly.

That's not Finnair but based on my experiences of Chinese check in staff you should not have a problem.

4. Re: buying extr luggage with Finnair at airport in Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:15