We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

Does anyone know how strictly the dress code for this place is enforced? The dress code says:

"The lounge operates a strict dress code and guests are asked to wear smart casual clothing. Football Shirts, Hats, Slogan tee shirts and stag/hen party uniforms are not allowed. Gentlemen should have their arms covered."

What I really want to know is if a (plain) short-sleeved shirt will be OK.

uk
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

Judging my some of the people I've seen in there recently, the answer to your question is no, the dress code is not enforced.

"Gentlemen should have their arms covered." has just made me spit my tea out!

Just a word of warning though, it has been crazy busy in there the last few weeks, I've been on two occassions in the last month and it has rammed - if I had paid to use it I wouldn't have been impressed at all.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

Not a treat to yourself if it is that busy.After all, you pay for it to escape from the crowded departure lounge area.And to sit in comfortable,airy surroundings.Refreshments are a side issue for me.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

GeordieEng, absolutely agree with you there, seen some erm, sights shall we say going in there. Whos going to ask them to leave if the have short sleeve shirts on?

Must say though not actually gone into the lounge...on my way to the EK lounge further along.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

Also should of said it was the T1 lounge

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

T2 Escape Lounge is heaps better than T1 Escape Lounge.Shouldn't be but it is.

6. Re: Manchester T2 Escape Lounge dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16