We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Availability

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Availability

Our party of three adults are planning a trip to the WY/MT/ID area for August 2015. We're trying to work out where we'll flying in to from Memphis and out of when heading home. We have enough Delta Sky Mile points for one free round trip ticket, but looking at Delta's prices for the other tickets, I think we can still do better.

My question is does anyone on here know historically when Southwest will make booking for August of next year available? I believe their current schedule only goes until January 2015.

Thanks in advance for your assitance.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Availability

Usually it's 6 months in advance.

You need to just keep checking their website for release dates as they play around with it and it's not strictly 6 months at times.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 04:22
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Availability

Thanks!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Availability

Keep an eye on this page. At the top they list their projected availability dates. On August 4th they will release dates thru March 2015. After August 4th they should give the next release date.

southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html…

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest Availability

Thanks for the help.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,208 posts
1,214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest Availability

Also, sign up for the free SWA alert e-mails, so that you will be apprised of any sales, etc.. Go ahead and join their FF program too, while you are there.

Good luck,

Hunt

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest Availability

Thanks. I already get their email alerts. They've just started flying out of Memphis in the last few months, so still learning.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest Availability

Um...I have family in Memphis and 2 years ago they flew Southwest to KC. Last summer I flew there and back on Southwest. So they have been in Memphis for at least the last two years. :)

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest Availability

Memphisbelle, technically we've both correct. Southwest purchased Airtran, which flew out of Memphis. However, the first official Southwest flight wasn't until November 2013. Until November, trying to book out of Memphis kicked you over to an Airtran booking, where you still had to pay luggage fees even though Southwest owned them. Also, fares were much higher to the same destinations than they are now.

9. Re: Southwest Availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16