We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed about the new BA A380

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Info needed about the new BA A380

Travelling into LAX on the new BA A380 in September and would love to know your thoughts. Last year took the 12 midday flight which has been taken out. Trip fine but immigration line horrendous, think it was an1 hour 40 min before we even got outside! As the new A380 is double decker hence more passengers, which deck makes for a quicker get away - upper or lower? Do they still board by seat number? Any advantage to being on upper deck then lower apart from the fact the seats go 2-4-2 if you are lucky enough to get a double seat without paying extra? Hate the thought of being in immigration for even longer then last year due to shear numbers so any info would be appreciated on what to expect regarding disembarking.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,129 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

So why did you book the biggest plane into one of our largest airports then? Immigration in the States has become one horrendous task, and I think they do a wonderful job. Next time try a better airport like San Francisco.

I've been on the AF A380 (JFK-CDG), and was surprised just how fast it did load.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

Excuse me!

Because we want to fly into lax!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

The immigration problems at LAX aren't really BA/A380 related, although if you're in the @rse end of economy it certainly won't help things.

Just book as far forward in your respective cabin as you can.

UK
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

On the 380's that I have flown upper and lower decks load and unload at the same time because they usually use a two tier airbridge.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
598 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

Thanks very much modernUK - that's just what I need to know!

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

On the Upper deck, you will have everyone in WT+ in front of you.

Might be a bit quicker getting off if you sit at the front of WT on the lower deck

7. Re: Info needed about the new BA A380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16