We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravofly not to trust

Orre
1 post
Save Topic
Bravofly not to trust

We booked our tickets from bravofly. When we by chance was told by friends travelling on the same plane that the plane was cancelled we heard nothing from bravofly. Our plane was ment to go from danang on monday 16:30. The bravofly office was closed on saturday and sunday, and nobody to get in contact with. Sunday evening we resieved a message from Bravofly telling that the plane was as sceduled, but our friends who had booked directly from the airline company was told that they were transferred to a plane at 12:00 on monday. Luckily we trusted that and went to the Airport with our friends and were told that we allso was transferred to that plane.

If we had lisened to Bravofly we would have been at the Airport in the afternoon and missed the last plane to hanoi and our further trip back home. The only alternative would be a 14 hour cartrip if we were to have any hope of reaching our Flight from Hanoi. The lesson must be not to trust Bravofly, never by tickets from them in the weekend or monday morning, or maybe find another company with better service and people at work allso in weekends.

Regards

Grumpy, but happy that we are home, traveller.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bravofly not to trust

"The lesson must be not to trust Bravofly, never by tickets from them in the weekend or monday morning, or maybe find another company with better service and people at work allso in weekends."

The lesson you should have learned is to book direct with the airlines in future - if you had joined TA before today and carried out some research before booking you wouldn't have considered booking with them in the first place, there are also lots of other 3rd parties to avoid.

Next time I suggest you book with eDreams or Cheapoair if you insist on using a 3rd party.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 18:58
Chiasso, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bravofly not to trust

Dear Olegonvald,

We are sorry to hear about the schedule change to your flight and the subsequent inconvenience caused to your trip.

We would like to investigate whether we could have handled your booking better. Could you please send us your 9-digit Bravofly ID by replying to our private message.

Please note that we do have a global number that is available 24/7. Below is a link to all our call centres across the world: bravofly.co.uk/content/en-gb/other-telephone…

Many thanks, Sofia

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bravofly not to trust

Hi Bravofly

I have also had an issue with booking through your site

My booking ID is 281009664

The booking confirmation did not go through and i received an email saying that no amount had been charged to the credit card. there is now $1500 more than the cost of the flight (total of $3500) frozen to the credit card. I would appreciate if this money could be unfrozen as soon as possible as it is very important i have these funds very soon.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bravofly not to trust

it is very important i have these funds very soon.

======

Bravofly wont give two hoots about that.

Ask your credit card company to raise your limit temporarily to account for these frozen funds.

Usually it take a week for them to be released

Next time look into who you use before not after you attempt to purchase.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bravofly not to trust

Unfortunately it's not my credit card that's why it's so important. Do you think the funds will be released without having to call the expensive customer service number? Or will I only get my money back my hassling them?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bravofly not to trust

<<Unfortunately it's not my credit card that's why it's so important.>>

Then the person whose credit card it is will have to ask for their limit to be increased.

<< Do you think the funds will be released without having to call the expensive customer service number? >>

I think the hold will be released when the automatic process takes effect which is around a week. Even with a good company with good customer care it can be very difficult to circumvent this process. With these cowboys you have two chances, slim and fat. I reckon if you phone on their expensive customer care line (the one you implicitly agreed to when you booked with this mob) you'll just be throwing good money after bad.

<<Or will I only get my money back my hassling them?>>

I thought you said it wasn't your credit card, so what do you mean by "get >>my<< money back"?

Its not your money if its someone else's card is it?! Anyway as its a hold, then yes i do think you will get your money back. Or someone will get their money back anyway. It would be different if it was a charge.

You have learned a lesson about using third parties (there are many other similar third parties you could have had a similar or worse experience with). Hopefully just at the cost of inconvenience and not real money. Many people have lost a lot of money.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 10:49
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bravofly not to trust

I would suggest the card may be Natasha's debit card Joe? Hence the necessity due to a diminished current account balance..?

Edited: 06 August 2014, 10:55
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bravofly not to trust

Confusingly written,,,I can't tell if it's someone else's card or if it's a debit card. Either way, if it's simply a hold, which I suspect it is, phoning won't make any difference, Natasha will have to wait until the bank releases. The best option is to phone the bank and ask when funds will be released.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bravofly not to trust

Ah yes I see there are two ways to read "Unfortunately it's not my credit card".

Is the emphasis on "my" or "credit" ?

If the latter, I dont know if the bank will give them a temporary overdraft to take care of this?

Or they can purchase on a credit card if they need the money to buy a flight?

Or parents or whoever loan them the money for a week.

Or a pay day loan lender?

So, this is why people recommend using credit cards.

ps in Natasha's original post she specifically states "credit card"

Edited: 06 August 2014, 11:06
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bravofly not to trust

Yes she did say credit card....

>>With these cowboys you have two chances, slim and fat.>>

You forgot one other Joe.... Norfolk an'