We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

In more than 30 years of business airline travel, quite simply the worst airline I have ever had the misfortune to use and I do not make that statement lightly.

Stupidly excessive transatlantic delays.

Missed connections.

More flight delays than I have ever seen with any other airline.

Lost baggage on several occasions.

Repeated lies about delays and lost luggage.

If you are thinking of booking ' I suggest you think again.

84 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

If you can avoid rogue, i highly recommend you do, just the search the reviews here and on other sites. You will find very few positive comments out of the hundred of reviews. I have also had the misfortune of being force to fly rogue

To add insult to injury, AC has decided to replace many of it's mainline routes with this vastly inferior product, especially on routes where people have little or no choice . They then go on to charge the same price for an inferior product.

I agree with OP here, avoid at all cost.

Edited: 01 August 2014, 03:37
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

I always check what kind of entertainment and meal service I can expect.

I would never show up at the airport without checking into that first.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Business Travellers will hate Rouge - but keep in mind it is not an airline designed for business travel. It is a classic Vacation Low Cost Carrier - No Frills it the goal.

AC Rouge is about having the least expensive ticket possible, this means fewer choices, less entertainment,booze at a cost, small seats......know that is what you are getting. You are NOT booking on Air Canada's main line which is one of if not the best carrier in North America.

If you care about cost Rouge is a good choice, if you want a much better class of service there are many better and more expensive choices available to you.

Seriously - what did you think you were getting with the cheap air fare?

Canada
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Is it that much cheaper though? I'm not so sure?

I do believe that the fares are not that competitive, and you also get less Aeroplan miles.

Which is more annoying than the entertainment and space issue.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

traveljunkie, problem is that the fares are not competitve, they are essentially unchanged from what they were on mainline AC. Further, for the most parrt, AC has replaced many on of its routes with this no-frill-no-comfort-same-cost-carrier where there is no or little reasonable alterntive

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Sutter - to answer your queries.

Lies - an example "we have located your bag, it's currently in Toronto"

Truth - flight manifest shows bag was still in Manchester and did not leave MAN until 24 hours later.

Lies - "We will deliver your bag tonight"

I call at 11.15pm to ask where my bag is...

Truth - "it does not arrive into Orlando until 11.30 tonight" meanwhile we are 200 miles away - there was never a hope in hell of getting it that night.

Stupidly excessive delays to a transatlantic sector - try 49 hours or 14 hours or even, in the case of my colleague 48 hours from YYZ to MAN. In my own case, 4.5 hours delay on same route and in the case of my wife, 24 hours delay.

Sorry I was not more specific before, posting from my phone....

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Sutter - to answer your queries.

Lies - an example "we have located your bag, it's currently in Toronto"

Truth - flight manifest shows bag was still in Manchester and did not leave MAN until 24 hours later.

Lies - "We will deliver your bag tonight"

I call at 11.15pm to ask where my bag is...

Truth - "it does not arrive into Orlando until 11.30 tonight" meanwhile we are 200 miles away - there was never a hope in hell of getting it that night.

Stupidly excessive delays to a transatlantic sector - try 49 hours or 14 hours or even, in the case of my colleague 48 hours from YYZ to MAN. In my own case, 4.5 hours delay on same route and in the case of my wife, 24 hours delay.

Sorry I was not more specific before, posting from my phone....

Leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

Travel junkie.

My fare was not cheap at all. I booked premium rouge and paid the Same cost as i would have with BA in World traveller plus.

I cross the Atlantic every 2 weeks and was simply trying to avoid Heathrow at such a busy time.

I do not make these negative comments lightly. My experiences of Rouge have been terrible no matter what price i paid.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

I have flow Air Canada Rouge. I was prepared for the worst but it did not happen. I booked premium plus seats. I took my own food.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!

^^^ voice of reason.

All airlines fudge the truth/ get vague/talk nonsense.

Have delays.

Reply to: Air Canada Rouge - Avoid!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted