We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

I've just had an email from Checkmytrip stating that my UA flights have been cancelled. Is this now up to my travel agent to now rebook flights?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

"it depends" - who is your travel agent?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

I hope it is a proper travel agent and not a dodgy online booker like eDreams or Bravofly.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,079 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

Contact your travel agent - they might not book you on the best alternative.

If you had booked direct with UA you would have been able to sort it out with them directly - it is this type of situation where booking direct is a big advantage.

If there are no alternative flights you should get a full refund and possibly compensation depending on timescale and whether it's a flight from the EU.

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

Its an independent agent, I called them this morning and I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

Did you check this online at UA? Look up your reservation there; UA may have already placed you on another flight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

I will check, thanks.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

Reading your other posts you say you booked through Bright Skies Travel, confused??

8. Re: Flight cancelled - Checkmytrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16