We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates 'non customer' affairs

Yorkshire, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Emirates 'non customer' affairs

I travelled to Dubai from Manchester in June 2014. It was overnight flight EK20. Whilst no issues with the flight itself, when disembarking the aircraft I noticed a sticky red substance had marked my trousers where I had been sitting. When leaving my seat I noticed a large patch of the substance between two seats (a previous dessert perhaps?).

I mentioned this to the cabin staff when leaving the aircraft. I was informed to report the issue to the Emirates Customer Affairs desk & they would provide me with a docket for dry cleaning. As it was the end of their shift they seemed reluctant to deal with my situation.

Upon finding the desk unattended & having a transfer waiting I left the airport & wrote an email instead. I received a reply a couple of days later, informing me they had noted my comments & passed on the information.

I subsequently replied advising I expected a reimbursement for the dry cleaning costs to be incurred.

This was again met with a very polite response & they advised if I sent them a scanned copy of a receipt they would reimburse the costs as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Upon returning home I emailed a receipt as they had requested. This was acknowledged & I thought that would be the end of it.

A couple of days later I received another email stating 'after review' would I accept a credit of 1000 skyward miles instead. As I am not planning to fly with Emirates anytime soon I politely declined, however did accept their original offer for the dry cleaning.

After that I was advised due to the transfer charges for the reimbursement (i would have to pay), I was told in no uncertain terms this was the end of my complaint & I was given a deadline to accept the skywards miles offer or nothing.

They denied ever receiving a receipt (even though I have a email copy of their acknowledgement).

I am most disillusioned with the so called 'customer affairs' as all they do as stated in previous forum posts is tell you how good they are, however in reality lie & do nothing.

Please be vary wary of Emirates should you ever have cause to make a legitimate complaint.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,663 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

I'd just accept the Skyward miles and be done with it. Personally I wouldn't even have bothered to make a complaint about it. Stuff happens.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

I can understand the OP's complete frustration.

When you have just returned from one of the best resorts Dubai has to offer, being lumbered with a dry cleaning bill for a pair of trousers (surely no more than a £10) must be a total disappointment.... or you could say a real stain in the backside.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

4items for £16 at morrisons. Life is too short to even bother with this "problem".

Yorkshire, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

I agree completely, I have no issue with the resort.

It's not about cost, it's a matter of principle.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,033 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

Seriously, just stick your trousers in the washing machine & forget about it.

Its not a life-changing event

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

It's a sticky situation right enough.They have treated you with dis-stain :-)

Edited: 01 August 2014, 15:26
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

It's certainly not worth your time and effort to pursue the cost of dry cleaning a pair of pants. Where I live, this would be under US$5.00.

Sometime you just have to let the "principle" go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

OP I agree with you, if there had been no mention of having your dry cleaning covered I probably wouldn't have worried about it or if you had not had the follow up email from them BUT the fact is they stuffed up somewhere along their chain of communication and should just pay your dry cleaning bill

Customer service is such a simple thing, airlines rarely get it right

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

Be happy that they didn't send the money and you got stuck with the bank charges you'd have to pay.

It's quite possible that they would send 10 pounds, but the charge from the banks comes up to 15 pounds, in that case you got your money, but still had to pay 5 pounds to the bank.

After that I was advised due to the transfer charges for the reimbursement (i would have to pay), I was told in no uncertain terms this was the end of my complaint & I was given a deadline to accept the skywards miles offer or nothing.

10. Re: Emirates 'non customer' affairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 17:38