We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Hello,

We are flying to Thailand from Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day. Having no experience of travelling during this time, can we expect everything to be open in the departure lounge? Is it business as usual or should I pack some sandwiches?!!! I've tweeted the airport direct but had no reply.

Thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,820 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Christmas Day is a normal working day to lot's of people, including those who work at airports.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,695 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Your flight will just be one of many scheduled flights operating on Christmas Day - all the usual outlets will be open although they might be operating on reduced staffing levels as it can be expensive to have staff work on that day.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Pack Turkey sandwiches and mince pies in your hand luggage and you will have a jolly old time !

Carlisle
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

My brother is a paramedic at Heathrow and assures me it is a normal working day in the airport, all shops/food outlets are open as normal. Hope this helps.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

How are you getting to the airport - the night before? There's the airport bus running a reduced schedule on Christmas Day, but not much else.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Thank you.

Yes LeylandSunAddict, being a nurse I know that Christmas is a normal working day. It is the first one I have had off for many years!!

Kennydon, we are driving down to Heathrow on the morning of. Already booked car parking. Means we can swing by and see family in the morning before heading off

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

That's good to know.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but we've had so many surprised / angry people on the London forum thinking 'we've got this really cheap flight landing on Christmas Day' and 'what do you mean there's (next to) no public transport and I've got to pay £££ for a taxi to my destination'

Enjoy your vacation.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

Didn't think you were being rude at all Kennydon :) Thanks for your input!

We've accepted that Christmas Day will be a boring one this year, considering booking the new Plaza Lounge that's opened in T2, just to start the trip off

9. Re: Heathrow T2 on Christmas Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:16