We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

London
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

After reading up on the Internet and been unreliably informed by our travel agent that our names being transposed on our etickets i.e first name as your surname and last name as your first name we decided that it should not be a problem. Turned up to check in and were not able to be checked in on a virgin flight to bali from auckland. Apparently Virgin cannot alter the booking only the travel agent (who is of course was closed at 4am) can. The only option was to purchase another ticket!! We made it in the end but our ticket home has the same problem!!so trying to sort that now. My advice book directly through the airline - it may cost a little more but at least you can sort ticket issues!

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

Yet another reason to book directly with the airline.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

The only option was to purchase another ticket!! We made it in the end but our ticket home has the same problem!!

--------------------------

This suggests that the new ticket purchased was a one way and you will be trying to get home on the return portion of the original ticket... The original ticket you couldn't travel on outbound?

If so I think you better check that ticket is still valid!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

My advice book directly through the airline - it may cost a little more but at least you can sort ticket issues!

-----

Which you probably won't get in the first place. Please name and shame the agent.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

Ugh how frustrating for you! Please make sure your return flight is still valid, often they are cancelled if the outbound portion is a 'no-show'. I hope you get some compensation from the incompetent travel agent. Do you have it in writing that they informed you it did not matter having transposed names?

Hope you were still able to enjoy Bali?!

Abs :)

5. Re: Names transposed on e-tickets - warning!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:16