We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
913 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

What time of the day/night does Thomson release its seats? We're 90 days before our return date tomorrow... Just wondering if it's worth staying up into the early hours to get the seats we'd like?!

Thanks in advance, U2fan

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

Phone them now you might get lucky and be abler to book few hours early, if not get coffee on and wait.

Deb

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
913 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

Just tried to ring them but unfortunately they're closed!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

Have you tried logging in online? They sometimes open the seatplans early. If not, they should be up around midnight, but no guarantees.

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
913 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

They're not available yet... Will keep trying!

North London
Level Contributor
531 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

This morning selected our seats for a holiday to Jamaica...our return date is on 30th October. Also I had to log in to the API option on the First Choice site using a flight reference number starting with 4.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

More than likely the seat plan will be open about 1.30am if it is not open from 0.01am.........it has been known to open a little late sometimes due to website maintenance.

Angie.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

When I booked seats with Thomson in March I logged in about 10 minutes after midnight on the appropriate day. I was straight in to the seating chart, but even then a few seats were already unavailable. That doesn't necessarily mean they'd already been booked, of course.

So about 30 or so minutes to go .....

8. Re: Selecting seats on Thomson - what time released?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:16