We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! First and Middle Name

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help! First and Middle Name

Hello Can anyone advise I have flights booked with United for a return trip to Newark from Dublin in December.

During the booking on traveller details page my name was entered as

(Title )Mr (First) David (Middle) Samuel (Last) Thompson.

My initial email confirmation came through with Traveller details exactly as above however when the e-ticket email came through and under manage my booking at united.com under traveller details the name is displayed as Mr DavidS Thompson

Will this cause any problems? Anyone had this before?

Kindest Regards

David

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

Airline reservation computers do not care about middle names,only first and last.You will have no problems.

California
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

It has happened to us but on different airlines. It's not going to be a problem for you.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 23:48
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

They don't have a spot for the middle name on the ticket, so they just add the first letter to your first name.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

Thanks guys as my passport reads DAVID SAMUEL THOMPSON and my ticket now DavidS Thompson will it not cause problems at checkin or immirgration? sorry im just really panicking

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

No. It has your first name, middle initial (albeit attached to your first name) and your last name. Your'e good to go.

I remember one time I booked a flight for my son, whose first initial of his middle name is the same letter as the last letter of his first name. For example John Neil. The ticket came out JOHNN. I thought that I had made a mistake in entering his first name until I figured out what happened.

California
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

Anything to make us passengers panic... :)

Again you will not have any problem.

7. Re: Help! First and Middle Name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:17