We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thompsons online check in / select your seat

England
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Thompsons online check in / select your seat

Hi,

I’ve recently booked a holiday to Mexico in March next year and I’m a bit confused by Thompsons online check in / select your seat process.

I’ve added to select our seats, from my understanding we can do this from 90 days before our return date. Can this be done online or do we have to ring Thompson? It also says that online check in can be done 14 days before departure for people that have selected seats and 7 for people who haven’t. If we've already picked our seats does it really matter when you check in online or are our seats not guaranteed until we check in?

I’m really confused, if anyone can help it would be great.

Thanks

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,013 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thompsons online check in / select your seat

ReviewerC24

You can either select your preferred seats online or by phoning Thomson Flight Extra Team. Checking in online does signal your intention to fly, so you would be less likely to get bumped out your pre booked seats by check-in staff giving away your seats. When you check-in online you will have a Confirmation of Check-in to print out as you flying to Mexico to hand into the bag drop desk to exchange for your boarding cards.

Angie.

England
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thompsons online check in / select your seat

Thanks Angie, it all makes a bit more sense now.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,013 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thompsons online check in / select your seat

You're welcome :)

Angie.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thompsons online check in / select your seat

don't you think that if they are going to allow check-in staff to 'give away your seats', they ought to say so? you paid for those seats, often very much in advance.

i note that virgin tell you to check-in on line before t-12, to ensure your seats are confirmed. but at least, they tell you.

Poynton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thompsons online check in / select your seat

Angelina 52 is totally right. I got caught out as i didnt complete the check in process on line as I thought the selected seats would be mine but when I got to the airport those seats had been reallocated so our family wasn't sat together. Make sure you check in online 14 days before departure and then you will receive your confirmation documents to hand in at bag drop at the airport.

6. Re: Thompsons online check in / select your seat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:17