We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flexibility For Multi City Flights

1 post
Save Topic
Flexibility For Multi City Flights

I am about to travel throughout S. America and am trying to book flights in the most logical/ least expensive way. I have heard in order to enter some countries I need to demonstrate that I am eventually leaving. Additionally, I believe that booking flights in advance is cheaper than not but am afraid I will be traveling, fall in love with a place and want to stay one or two days longer than anticipated thus throwing off one leg potentially by a day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maintain cost effectiveness while not hamstringing myself to rigid flight times? Between October 7 and early/mid December I plan on Houston-Lima-Cusco-El Calafate-BA-Bogota-Houston. Any help is appreciated.

Grant

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,076 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flexibility For Multi City Flights

Fly into one city and fly back out of your last city and then possibly take cheap flights within the country to another country when you are there if it is cheap or drive while down there to your next destination.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,926 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flexibility For Multi City Flights

HI Grant,

Welcome to the forums.

You might find better luck asking about transportation within Peru or Colombia by asking questions in the local forums for each of those countries. I don't have experience flying in that part of the world but folks who write on those forums will know best about flights there and also about other modes of transportation. I agree that you may be best off booking a flight into the area and then out of your last city towards home and then doing local flights instead of trying to book all of them at once. The local folks will know best.

Here are some links:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294311-i818-Peru.…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294073-i1708-Colo…

Edited: 11 August 2014, 02:14
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flexibility For Multi City Flights

Agree with the others, book a return ticket to Houston from one of the city with flexibility to allow date change, that may cost a bit more but at least you can extend your stays if you want to. You can plan the rest of the travels by air, bus or road whichever works best for you.

4. Re: Flexibility For Multi City Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17