We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

Portsmouth, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

Anyone on here a member of Royal Skies? I'm due to fly with Royal Brunei shortly so I've tried to sign up through their website without any luck, the link takes me to the below pages with errors and nowhere to input my details.

brunei.frequentflyer.aero/cranelogin…

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

Are you planning on flying them regularly, or is it just a one-off leisure trip? If it's the latter, probably not worth joining. Royal Brunei aren't in any airline alliances or anything.

Portsmouth, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

I am moving from the UK to Australia so there will be a fair about of travel back and forth. Royal Brunei seems quite reasonably priced but I haven't flown with them before, I will see how this trip goes as to how often I will use them :-)

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

Always worth joining the FF programme IMO. You have absolutely nothing to lose (apart from the five minutes it takes you!)

Just because they are not in an alliance now, doesn't mean they won't be in the future.

Portsmouth, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

I don't seem to be able to sign up through their website though, have they discontinued their program?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

I don't think it's been discontinued. Wouldn't hurt to call the airline if you still can't enroll.

Fair point about being in an alliance in the future- who knows.

Personally, I think you either have to do a huge amount of travel or to take advantage of a good mileage credit card for it to be beneficial. Flying occasionally won't generate many points.

Royal Brunei are a good airline, though.

6. Re: Royal brunei frequent flyer program 'Royal skies'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:16