We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
617 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Received a 1st notification of flight change email from Ryan Air regarding a return flight from Prague to Dublin in October. Option link to accept flight change difference of 2 hr 55 mins which was typed in Capitals. Another line in smaller print below this with title Refunds stating following:- 'As your flight time change is over 2 hours you may cancel your flight and apply for a refund please click on the link below and enter the required details'. Entered details in link and under reason for request I selected flight time changed +/- 3 hours.

I then checked Ryan Air FAQ's in relation to what happens if Ryan Air change flight and following is stated 'If a Ryanair flight time is changed significantly (more than 3 hours before or after the original departure time) and no suitable alternative flight is available, we will, upon application, offer a refund for all monies paid in respect of the time changed flight, without further liability.

So is it 2 or 3 hours. Email link offers refund which would suit. I'm confused?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,472 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

It's 3 hours according to their website. Perhaps an error in the email?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
617 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Email reads

Refunds

As your flight time change is over 2 hours you may cancel your flight and apply for a refund please click on the link below and enter the required details.

As it's in black and white I think I would definitely have a case for a refund! Any views?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

It says you can apply for a refund, as such, they should uphold that.

Co. Kildare
Level Contributor
594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Am I misunderstanding?

<<'As your flight time change is over 2 hours you may cancel your flight and apply for a refund please click on the link below and enter the required details'. >>

It would seem to me they have offered you a refund. I don't understand the problem. Maybe I'm not getting it.

If you are happy with the new flight time well and good if not why don't you just reply in the refund please option?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
617 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

The issue is Ryanair's FAQ's on flight changes by Ryanair contradicts refund paragraph in email received referring to 2hrs. FAQ's refers to changes of 3 hrs or more.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
617 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Tried contacting Ryan air on the 0871 UK number there is currently the following message: ‘Due to an exceptionally high volume of calls, we are not able to process your call at the moment; please try again later.’ Also tried the Customer Service number for customers in Ireland and got same message. I would hate to have a Ryanair emergency!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
617 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Also tried premium rate number and line as dead. Noticed following `Our customer service number for complaints regarding our Premium Rate number is as follows 0844 2098715, £0.05 per minute. Please note that booking requests, general enquiries or general complaints will not be handled on this line. This policy will be strictly adhered to.

Phoned this number and put on hold for a long time and the person I spoke to was able to confirm I'm entitled to refund.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

It's five mins short of the three hours and they have formally offered you the refund, if that's what you want just apply for it, I'm not sure I see the big problem either.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
617 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

Took the refund. The problem was the confusion about the refund criteria. FAQ's states that it's a change of 3 hours or more for a refund but email I received referred to 2 hours or more.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair Schedule Change - 2 or 3 hours for refund?

But if they sent you an e-mail, explicity offering you a refund for 2h55 why would you not apply for it?

The worst they could do is say sorry, we made a mistake in the e-mail - and even then I think they would honour the promise.