We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Airlines Business Class or Economy Comfort LHR to MSP

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Airlines Business Class or Economy Comfort LHR to MSP

I have been flying regular from LHR to MSP but the business class fare is really hurting now it seems to constantly be climbing up, used to be £2300 now you lucky to get it under £3200 and as they are the only direct airline I am being forced to consider now looking at Economy Comfort. I do work on the plane and I have long legs so for me Business Class has worked well but frankly I am starting to find it hard to justify this extra price increase. Does anyone have experience of Economy Comfort on the LHR - MSP flight route in the 767- 400. How much is it different to Economy. I have had DVT before so I need to stay stretch and cant stand being in tight seats, 6ft 2", medium build. I just want a good flight and feel relaxed would I be ok in Economy Comfort - If I will that would be awesome.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 12:25
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Airlines Business Class or Economy Comfort LHR to MSP

Try doing a search on this forum. Issue has been discussed many times. Here's a thread to get you started:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6157517…

London
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Airlines Business Class or Economy Comfort LHR to MSP

You could fly Premium Economy to Chicago with BA or Virgin, then do a short flight with AA (BA codeshare flight) or Delta (Virgin codeshare flight) in economy. Would be cheaper than business class, but much better than Delta's economy comfort seat. Make sure you book it on the same ticket and you will not have to check-in again in Chicago, only go through immigration/customs there, rather than at MSP.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Airlines Business Class or Economy Comfort LHR to MSP

There is really no comparison between Delta's Business Class and Delta's Economy Comfort. In Business you have a well-padded comfortable seat, and there is plenty of space to use your laptop without invading the space of the person sitting next to you. Of course, it is much more comfortable than anything in Economy. The service is also not in the same category. First Class flight attendants cater to the wishes of their passengers from the minute they board until they leave. In Business Class one is pampered.

Economy Comfort does only one thing for me. It gives me a couple of more inches for my long legs, so I do not sit with them under my chin. The seats, however, are exactly the same seats as all the rest of the Economy Seating. There is a bit more recline space. I rarely recline because I believe it is rude to invade the space of the person behind me. Still, even in Economy Comfort, when the person behind you reclines, there is no room for your tray, so you have to manage your laptop literally on your lap. Beverage service is compromised, and I do not think this problem is any better in Economy Comfort than it is in regular economy.

We cannot, and indeed, would not pay the outrageous prices for Business Class in order to purchase just a few hours of comfortable seats and a bit of pampering. Indeed, if someone asked me if I would be willing to be somewhat uncomfortable sitting in a small seat for six hours knowing that it would earn me $4000 to $6000, I would always opt for less comfort and more money.

I am willing to pay an extra $40 for economy comfort. I always select bulkhead seats, which gives us much more leg room than we can use and eliminates the problem of someone reclining in front of you. The only problem is that many passengers consider the space between your seat and the bulkhead to be a walkway, and some of these passengers actually linger in this space to visit. Apart from that, bulkhead seats in Economy Comfort are the least unpleasant seats we can locate on Delta's 767-400. They are, however, nothing at all like Business Class.

4. Re: Delta Airlines Business Class or Economy Comfort LHR to MSP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:17